Thursday, August 5, 2010

7.5 weeks out: Leg Day

So right now I'm doing what I normally do when I'm writing my blogs, laid up icing and resting. Just lifted my injury-riddled legs. I had planned on splitting legs into two days, but with my knee and quad it wouldn't have made much sense. I wore my brace for a little extra support, but I still couldn't go any lower than about halfway in a conventional squat so I had to make some changes to my workout. Today it looked like this:

Trap bar DL (high handles) 8x395
BB Step ups 8x65
Stiff DL 10x295(2)
superset w/ trap bar DL (low handles) 6x255
Sumo Stance Hack Squats (full) 8x150
Leg ext (slow) 12x200
Std Leg Curl 10x190
Std Calf (slow) 15x140
Standing Calf (slow) 10x190

My quad/hip flexor felt a lot better, the skin has all of its feeling back all up and down my leg and the things that bothered it before (leg extensions, squats, std calf raises) were fine as long as the weight was lower than normal and I super slowed down my rep speed. As I got deeper into the workout, it felt like everything loosened up a little bit too. Hopefully by next week I'll be able to get back to my planned routine because this workout was absolute dog crap compared to what I normally do...it was an adequate workout at best, but nothing that will improve the condition of my legs. Until then, I guess it's ice and rest...

No comments:

Post a Comment