Monday, September 13, 2010

Bulking Cycle Edit

Going through this new cutting diet, I'm thinking about changes I might want to make to my bulking diet after the show. I want to decrease reliance on shakes (Morning & PWO shake are good, but I want to ditch the day shake and possibly the casein shake at night), and increase whole foods. This will keep me more full during the day (I don't think I'll have a problem with staying full) so I won't go into cheat foods as often, and I think it's just better in general. Also, I'm going to try and keep veggies in 3 of my meals, and have fruit at 3 of my meals. Here's what the new bulking diet will look like:

Morning shake (immediately on waking up):
5oz banana
50g whey
30g maltodextrin
30g waxy maize

1 hr later
6 whole eggs (jumbo)
1.5 cups oats
120g Berries

Mid-morning shake
8oz chicken
450g Sweet Potatoes
160g Broccoli
100g asparagus
30g almonds

Postworkout Shake
50g whey
4oz banana
20g dextrose
20g maltodextrin
30g waxy maize

Lunch
1/2 cup (uncooked) brown rice
1/2 cup beans
8oz ground beef/turkey
1/3 cucumber
100g green beans
1 tomato

Afternoon Snack
32g peanut butter
80g oats
9oz salmon
1/4 cup (uncooked) quinoa
90g apple

Dinner
300g Sweet Potato
85g spinach
8oz steak
160g broccoli
1/2 cup beans
1/2 cup carrots
1 tomato
1 bell pepper
10g chia/flax seeds


Before Bed
50g Casein Shake

Still a work in progress. Up next: Numbers & more contest prep changes for the next 1.5 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment