Monday, September 13, 2010

Contest Prep Changes & Numbers (yes Rach, I'm a copycat)

Met with my posing coach yesterday, it had been 2 weeks since I had seen him because he was out for a week competing at North American Nationals in Ohio. Things were very positive, he could see changes and that I had been working hard and following his directions. He even said I look better now than I did at the last competition. I have been posing everyday either before or after cardio, doing 65 minutes of cardio a day along with lifting 5 days per week. To try and draw as much water out, I am going to up this to 105 mins of cardio/day plus 5 days of lifting this week, and 4 days next week. I have 10 days of hard work in front of me, so that will (hopefully) keep me motivated. Here's how it should look:

9/13 105 mins cardio
9/14 105 mins cardio; Lift Legs
9/15 105 mins cardio; Low carb day - eliminate all carb sources, keep everything else the same
9/16 105 mins cardio; Lift Shoulders
9/17 105 mins cardio; Lift Arms
9/18 105 mins cardio;
9/19 105 mins cardio; Lift Legs
9/20 105 mins cardio; Lift Back
9/21 105 mins cardio; Lift Chest
9/22 105 mins cardio; Lift Arms/Shoulders; Low carb day - eliminate all carb sources, keep
everything else the same
9/23 Off
9/24 Off
9/25 Competition

My night cardio on the 22nd will be the last workout I do before the competition. That should give my body enough time to recouperate so I have energy for the show. Also, on those two days I'll be carbing up (YES!), loading creatine, and dropping water. 1 gallon on the 23rd and 1/2 gallon in the morning on the 24th and only sips after that. I have to do my hair removal and protan the night of the 23rd, another coat of protan the morning of the 24th, and then touch ups before the show (I think that's right, I'll have another post on that next week).

Numbers:
12 - # of days left until the show
7 - # of lifts left
29 - # of cardio sessions left
1,010 - # of minutes of cardio left
15 - # of carbs I'll have on the two Wednesdays before the show (from veggie sources)
4 - hours of sleep I got last night




Just have to get through next Wednesday, I'll give an update much sooner than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment